Final Fantasy Jobs & Classes
job / n. 1. Piece of work to be done; task. 2. Position in, or piece of, paid employment. 3. Slang. Crime, esp. a robbery.
Since the very first game, different jobs have been central to the gameplay in any RPG. The characteristics of these jobs in Final Fantasy have changed and become more sophisticated as the series progressed, but the idea of party members with roles that have strengths and weaknesses has always been there. Games either have the same people that can change into multiple jobs (like FF5 and FFX-2), or multiple characters with individual skills (like FF7 and FF8).
This page is divided into two sections - Crossover jobs and Game-specific jobs. Crossover jobs are those that span more than one game, whereas those in only a single game are all on one game-specific page. Those jobs that are significant crossovers go to the crossover page entry. For example, clicking on FFX-2 White Mage will go the the White Mage page - FFX-2 entry. Please note that the jobs of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles are not related to any of the other jobs. FF:CC jobs play no part in abilities (no restrictions on who can learn them, only usable in dungeons and unretainable), attributes (determined by race), weapons, or appearance.
NOTE: For jobs in FF5, the "!" means a command used on the battle screen. If it does have this symbol, it is not an ability that can be activated, it is always "on".
- Archer - Uses bows and arrows
- Bard - Sings to cause effects
- Beastmaster - Controls other monsters
- Berserker - Attacks uncontrollably
- Black Mage - Uses magic to harm enemies
- Blue Mage - Learns enemy skills
- Chemist - Uses items more effectively
- Dancer - Dances to cause effects
- Dark Knight - Sacrifices self to cause damage
- Dragoon - Uses spears and jump attacks
- Fighter - Physical fighter who uses various attacks.
- Gambler - Abilities are based on chance
- Geomancer - Uses spells related to battlefield
- Gunner - Uses rifles or pistols
- Knight - Physical class that relies exclusively on high defense and attack.
- Magic Knight - Combines black magic and physical attacks
- Mime - Copies the last action by an ally
- Monk - Fights with bare hands and chakra
- Ninja - Throws items to cause damage
- Onion Knight - has no abilities, but can equip special equipment and various abilities based on other jobs.
- Paladin - Combines physical strength with white magic and can cover allies.
- Red Mage - Can cast white and black magic
- Samurai - Throws money at enemy to cause damage
- Scholar - Can look at enemy statistics
- Soldier - Sword user who reduces enemy stats.
- Summoner - Summons huge monsters to fight
- Thief - Steals from enemy
- Time Mage - Uses magic to speed up or slow down actions
- Warrior - Initial sword user class.
- White Mage - Uses magic to heal allies
Index by Game
Annotation Of The Celera Human Genome Assembly Poster-Science-2001-Rare
THE HUMAN GENOME SPECIAL ISSUES Science 16 Feb 2001 AND Nature 15 Feb 2001
X-23 Upper Deck Marvel Legendary X-MEN HEALING FACTOR GENOME
The Ones Within 1- 9 Japanese comic set Naka no Hito Genome Jikkyōchū
DNA SNOWFLAKE--Double Helix Biology Genome Science Nestled Pines wooden ornament
The Ones Within Naka no Hito Genome - Domiterior Keychain Makino Aikawa TL
Nakanohito Genome live, all 10 volumes + card Sora comic Japanese version
The Ones Within Naka no Hito Genome - Domiterior Keychain Anya Kudou SD TL
DHL pict@osora Osora Illustration Works Art Book Naka no Hito Genome Jikkyouchuu
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Rogenome Lord Genome Figure Ichiban Kuji Japan
Final Fantasy, all games and animation bearing the Final Fantasy name, and all characters in said games or animation are copyright their respective creators, including but not limited to Squaresoft, Square Enix, Square EA, Tokyo TV, and ADV Films.