link / n. 1. Loop or ring of a chain. 2a. Connecting part; one in a series. b. State or means of connection. [ON hlekkr link, or ODan loenkia chain]
Lots of other great sites listed in the Credits section!
RPG Fan Sites
- Squaresoft - official site. Do Not Enter if you have a dial-up modem, because you'll be waiting AGES.
- RPGClassics - the excellent site which hosts the FF Compendium, quite probably the largest collection of information and shrines for RPGs there is. Sit back and enjoy!
- Daryl's Library - a great place for Squaresoft music info! Most of the information from the Music Database came from here.
- The Opera House - THE place for lyrics to Squaresoft tunes. All lyrics from this site are direct links to here.
- The Final Fantasy Wiki - a wiki dedicated to Final Fantasy. If it isn't in the FFC, it's probably in here.
- Final Fantasy Online - a very large site, with specific pages for FF4 straight through 8 plus Tactics and MQ. Good for media, bad if you have a slow modem.
- GameFAQs - the largest site dedicated to just game help. If you need any help with any game, this should be the first place to look!
- RPGamer - a large, fairly fast-loading site on more or less every popular (and some non-popular) console and PC RPG ever made.
- Chrono Compendium - if you're looking for info on the Chrono games or the community surrounding them, this is the place to go!
- The Squaresoft Repository - a great place for origins on mythology and names from Squaresoft games. Has been converted to Wiki format.
- Final Fantasy MUX - for real role playing, this is the place to go. Very cool ideas.
- FFWorld.com - a very nice French Final Fantasy site; lots of goodies in there. Francophone FF fans will certainly enjoy it.
- FFShrine.org - A fairly large site with a lot of media and info.
- The Dream Oath - while I'm here. 8-) A very nice site dedicated to FF6, available in both English and French versions. There's some stuff here you won't find anywhere else.
- Sephirosuy: Life is RPG - RPG blog with recent industry news and a large number of game guides from one of GameFAQs most prolific authors.
- Video Game Sprites - a great place to get sprites from both FF and non-FF games.
First, my opinion on emulation (which is by no means the absolute law on emulation): I believe that if a game a) is out of production, or b) was never produced in North America, that you should have the right to download it. That basically limits you to FF3 (NES) and FF Mystic Quest (and you might want to try to find the incredibly obscure Chocobo games as well if you like). Having said that (and again, do not take my word as law - it isn't) here are some links to get you started:
- Zophar's Domain - THE place for cool emulation stuff - get your emulators here.
- RomHacking.net - The best place for translation news, links, hacks and patches.
- ZSNES - the best SNES emulator, in my opinion.
Final Fantasy, all games and animation bearing the Final Fantasy name, and all characters in said games or animation are copyright their respective creators, including but not limited to Squaresoft, Square Enix, Square EA, Tokyo TV, and ADV Films.